Friday 7 March 2014

TV MAGAZINE & TALK SHOW

SHOW


As part of my TV magazine and talk show university module, I have to work with a group of 25 production team members in order to create a show commissioned for E4. The show is called Screen Squeeze and is aimed at a youth audience. The show is currently in the pre-production stage and will be aired at the end of this month.


 LOGO:

 This is the logo for the upcoming TV chat show project that I am currently involved in. This was designed the graphic designer in the team. The logo color is to symbolise E4 as most of the colours used on that channel is normally purple / white.





MY ROLES:

My roles are quite broad as I am a gossip researcher and sound location operator for the VT production process and a lighting operator and vision engineer for the studio production. My roles are quite hands down as I have to manage and balance my time and work along with a group of production team including a presenter. I had to work at different locations during the VT filming, some were interior based and some were exterior based, I have worked with a great VT team and learned some much during my time during the pre-production process. I covered the Film, Gossip and Sports VT as a location sound operator.


My self checking the sound levels

My self and Presenter Alex Kirwin ready to interview

My studio role was quite straight forward, I learned how to use the vision engineering desk as this made me aware on how to deal exposure and color. I had to deal with the white balance and the black balance in order to get an even color temperature.  The vision engineering desk also deals with the lighting on the shots.


LIVE SHOW

On Thursday 3rd April the show went on live, this was a really challenging and crucial day as we only were allowed one take so we had to do a lot of rehearsals beforehand, there was about two run through before the actual live show. The show consisted of two main female presenters , sports presenter and  gossip/ news presenter. Instead of a guest music artist, the producer decided to invest a magician to be the main performer on the show. As a result the show was a success and we fulfilled the half an hour mark. WELL DONE TEAM !


THAT'S A WRAP !





 I have learned so much throughout this module and understood the challenging and time consuming aspects of the television talk show industry. I have worked alongside great team members and learned new skills throughout the module,  also it's quite intriguing to know one day in the future I may be working with some of these amazing people in the television industry.


SCREEN SQUEEZE SHOW 





No comments:

Post a Comment